Thursday, September 3, 2009

Cell Phone As USB Modem





Well, I don't know if you already know this or not but you can use your cell phone as a USB Modem so you can have Internet Connection wherever there is a network coverage for your cell phone.

I discovered this by mere concidence, I plugged my Nokia 5200 to my laptop and was copying something from the memory card and after I finished the Data Storage mode I clicked quit then every thing happened !!!

My nice Ubuntu 8.10 notified me that it can connect me to the broadband that it provided by my cell phone so I clicked yes and I choose Mobinil as my service provider (the list included Vodafone and Etisalat), after that a network was added to the available networks so I turned off my router and wireless device on the lap and connected to the broadband.

I couldn't believe that I was able to go to Google and search with a keyword using the broadband Internet, I can't deny that it was slow actually very very slow but I think if you have a better cell phone than mine (something of the N series) you can do good browsing especially if you disable images and Java Scripts.

Try it and tell me how it went with you ...

2 comments:

  1. wala ya doola...ana 3ayez elwallpaper dy :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. El wall paper de ll nas bto3 Ubuntu bs :P :P :D
    w b3den enta sayeb el post kolo w masek fi el wallpaper :D

    ReplyDelete